Tuesday, June 5, 2007

anti Paris parade of petty party poopers

I just watched a video of Sarah Silverman bashing Paris Hilton at an awards show that Paris was attending. I've never really found Sarah very funny, but I like her boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel a lot, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Everybody knows Paris. She's ditzy, slutty, not very talented, etc., but when did she become less than human? I mean, Paris has never done anything to hurt anyone. She's basically partied on camera her whole life, and now everyone wants to bash her. It's one thing to make jokes at someone's expense, when they aren't around. It is another thing to all out attack someone while they sit helpless in the audience.

Sarah's rant wasn't feminist. Sarah isn't a feminist. She's a petty, jealous not-very-funny comedian. Her speech didn't prove some witty point. It didn't enlighten society. All it did was make her look like a jealous cunt. Paris is going to jail. Jail sucks, even for Paris Hilton. I'm going to guess especially for Paris Hilton. I can only imagine the abuse she is going to get from the guards. I'm guessing she gets gang raped in the shower - a lot.

And some people out there are going to say she deserves it. Why? Because she's rich? Because she likes being rich? Because she hangs out with celebrities? Tell me when I get to the part where she is evil. Tell me when I get to the part that is any different than what any girl would do if she was born fabulously wealthy.

Paris has really never hurt anyone. Sure, she could be a lot better person. But so could Sarah Silverman. So could anybody. Paris is a spoiled rich girl. I think she would be a lot of fun to hang out with. I think she is really cute. I think she would be annoying, but I think her cuteness would overpower it. I can't say that for Sarah Silverman. I don't know what Jimmy Kimmel sees in her.

The point is that Paris Hilton doesn't attack people. She's not a bitch. Sarah Silverman does, and is.

No comments: